The Murray House
937 Sixth St.
Eureka, CA 95501
Allan is proud to practice law in the beautiful historical building, "The Murray House.”
This Prairie style house was built for George D. Murray, a prominent Humboldt County attorney and judge, and his wife, Annie Zane Murray, in 1907. The home was designed by architect Warren Skillings and built by contractor D.P. Simpson for $4,000.
George Murray was born in Arcata in 1855, grew to adulthood in Eureka, and attended the University of California and the Hastings School of Law. He opened a law practice in Eureka in 1884, served one term as District Attorney, and was elected Superior Court Judge in 1909. Judge Murray collapsed and died in the Humboldt County courthouse on May 10, 1926, a few minutes after adjourning trial for the day. His obituary contains a lengthy and heartfelt tribute to his outstanding qualities as an individual and as a jurist.
His widow, Annie Murray, continued to own the house at 937 6th Street until 1956, when she sold it to another attorney, Carl L. Christensen Jr. Throughout its 108-year history, the Murray House has been under the ownership of attorneys, initially as a home and currently as an office.